Below you will find answers to many common questions about Day of Caring 2020.
What is #alphagamgives 2020?
#alphagamgives 2020 is the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation's annual Day of Caring! This campaign runs for 1,904 minutes (31 hours and 44 minutes) and is an international effort to inspire collegiate and alumnae sisters, as well as parents and friends of Alpha Gamma Delta to help increase our efforts to provide essential support for women’s education, philanthropy and leadership. Give a gift of any size, to your favorite area of focus.
When is the Giving Day?
March 25, 2020, beginning at 6:00 a.m. ET. The campaign will run for 1,904 minutes (31 hours and 44 minutes), concluding on March 26, at 1:44 p.m. ET. When AlphaGamGives 2020 goes live, there will be a "Give Now" button that appears at the top of the site.
Where is my gift most needed?
Gifts to the Annual Fund provide resources to areas of greatest need, and support Alpha Gamma Delta programs including:
- Academy for Collegiate Officers
- Service Immersion Experience
- International Convention
The Annual Fund also supports sisters and our communities through:
Yes. Joining the Give Every Month (GEM) Society is an easy, automatic way to support Alpha Gam. It is convenient and it helps ensure ongoing support for the Foundation and Fraternity. Additionally, GEMs receive special recognition in the Foundation’s Gratitude Report, at Convention, in publications, on the website and on social media throughout the year.
Yes! There are several ways to support your chapter.
Give to your chapter specific scholarship or leadership fund.
Give to the Annual Fund which supports ALL chapters with funding for the Leadership Consultant program, leadership academies, professional development, training and more. Gifts to the Annual Fund (our area of greatest need) benefit sisters and our communities by providing resources where they are most needed.
I'm a collegiate member. How can I help?
#alphagamgives 2020 is a day for all Alpha Gams to be inspired. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
1. Serve as an Ambassador – share about this exciting day and encourage all your followers and supporters to give.
2. Collegiate Jewel Society – band together with your sisters to join the Jewel Society with a chapter gift of $2,000 or more. Jewel Society members are recognized at conferences and Convention, and throughout the year on social media and the Alpha Gam Foundation website.
3. GEM Society – For as little as one cup of coffee a month, you can become a member of the Give Every Month (GEM) Society and provide ongoing support to your sisters.
4. Give a one-time gift – All gifts (small and large) are appreciated and help us provide support for our sisters and the communities where we are placed.
Will I receive a receipt?
Absolutely! After you make your gift, you will receive a confirmation email that can be used for tax purposes as allowed by US law.
My employer offers a gift matching program. Are gifts on Day of Giving eligible?
Definitely! You will receive an email confirmation of your gift that can be used for tax and gift matching purposes.
Will my gift count towards my annual giving recognition, in the Honor Roll of Donors and on the Foundation's website?
Yes. Your gift through #alphagamgives 2020 applies to your recognition in the Foundation's Gratitude Report (formerly Honor Roll of Donors) for the 2019-2020 giving year and Jewel Society membership. See our Giving Societies on our website. (Our giving year is June 1 through May 31.)
I am from Canada. Are donations processed in Canadian dollars?
No, all donations are processed as U.S. Dollars (USD).