Below you will find answers to many common questions about Day of Giving 2023.
When is the Giving Day?
March 22, 2023, beginning at 6:00 a.m. ET. The campaign will run for 1,904 minutes (31 hours and 44 minutes), concluding on March 23, at 1:44 p.m. ET. When #AlphaGamGives goes live, there will be a "Give Now" button that appears at the top of the site.
What is #alphagamgives?
#Alphagamgives is the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation's annual Day of Giving! This campaign runs for 1,904 minutes (31 hours and 44 minutes) and is an international effort to inspire collegiate and alumnae sisters, as well as parents and friends of Alpha Gamma Delta, to help provide essential support for women’s education, philanthropy and leadership. Give a gift of any size to your favorite area of focus!
Can I give before March 22?
Of course! Make your gift here. All gifts will be added to the #AlphaGamGives page during Day of Giving on March 22 and count toward the total dollars raised.
Will I receive a receipt?
Absolutely! After you make your gift, you will receive a confirmation email that can be used for tax purposes as allowed by U.S. law.
Where is my gift most needed?
Gifts to the Annual Fund provide resources to areas of greatest need and support Alpha Gamma Delta programs including:
- Academy for Collegiate Officers/Academy for Chapter Advisors
- Acorn virtual learning platform
- International Convention
- Career Preparation
- Mental Health Awareness
The Annual Fund also supports sisters and our communities through:
Joining the Give Every Month (GEM) Society is an easy, automatic way to support Alpha Gam. It's convenient and helps ensure ongoing support for the Foundation and Fraternity. Additionally, GEMs receive special recognition in the Foundation’s Gratitude Report, at Convention, in publications, on the website and on social media throughout the year.
#AlphaGamGives is a day for all Alpha Gams to be inspired. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
1. Give a one-time gift – All gifts (small and large) are appreciated and help us provide support for our sisters and the communities where we are placed.
2. GEM Society – For as little as the cost of one cup of coffee a month, you can become a member of the Give Every Month (GEM) Society and provide ongoing support to your sisters.
How can my collegiate chapter get involved?
Chapters are encouraged to participate in a virtual event, ‘$1K in a Day’ to help the Foundation reach their $175,000 fundraising goal. Vice President-Philanthropy can find out more here. Want to see which chapters are in the lead, starting March 22 at 6 a.m. ET? Find out here.
Can I support my chapter?
There are several ways to support your chapter.
- Give to your chapter specific scholarship or leadership fund through the giving page.
- Give to the Annual Fund (our area of greatest need) which supports ALL chapters with funding for the leadership academies, professional development, mental health training, Convention and so much more. The Annual Fund benefits our sisters and our communities by providing resources where they are most needed.
Will my gift count towards my annual giving recognition in the Gratitude Report and on the Foundation's website?
Yes. Your gift through #AlphaGamGives applies to your recognition in the Foundation's Gratitude Report for the 2022-2023 giving year and Jewel Society membership, now starting at $1,000 annually. See our Giving Societies on our website. (Our fiscal giving year is June 1 through May 31.)
My employer offers a gift matching program. Are gifts on Day of Giving eligible?
Definitely! You will receive an email confirmation of your gift that can be used for tax and gift matching purposes.
I'm donating from another country, are donations processed in my country's currency?
No, all donations are processed as U.S. Dollars (USD).