Areas of funding change annually with the ever-changing needs of our members and our communities.
Through the Annual Fund, the Foundation underwrites grants for leadership development programs and programs that develop personal growth.
In the 2022-23 fiscal year, the Foundation is committed to funding leadership opportunities for Alpha Gamma Delta members. Some of these opportunities include:
- The Academy for Chapter Advisors Officers, which allows Chapter Advisors to gather and prepare for the upcoming biennium. It is the first training Chapter Advisors receive, including keynote speakers focusing on mental health, hard conversations and leadership.
- Acorn, the Fraternity’s learning management platform. This learning and engagement platform is available to all Alpha Gamma Delta members. The tool contains programming on wellness, leadership training, personal and professional development, and meets our members where they are in a user-friendly format.
- Mental health programming, including Impact Talks, chapter consultations and holistic wellness programming via the Elevate path of the Epsilon Pi Journey. These programs focus on resilience, self-care as leaders, recognizing signs of peers in crisis and wellness webinars.
- The Leadership Consultant program, bringing professional and personal development coaching directly to the collegiate chapters. These recent Alpha Gam alumnae are trained to assist our collegiate leaders in developing their own special talents and skills. LCs are trained to provide one-on-one coaching and teaching moments to our chapter’s leaders, assisting, supporting and giving collegiate leaders the confidence and skills necessary to make our chapters even better.
- Empower, a new high-level leadership program connecting collegiate sisters across North America: growing their confidence, leadership and relationship building skills. Members from different chapters are placed in virtual small groups or “cohorts” led by alumnae mentors and spend the year exploring values, influence, innovation and risk taking, leadership and collaboration. Empower culminates in April with the Empower Institute, a weekend-long experience for participants to meet their cohorts and apply learned skills.
- The Jackie Brannon Stutts Convention Endowment Fund supports leadership and educational Fraternity programs held during International Convention. This endowment was established in 2009 by former International President, Jackie Brannon Stutts, Gamma Delta. Jackie was awarded the Circle of Epsilon Pi in 2012 for her service and leadership in Alpha Gamma Delta.
- The Suzanne Carmack Spicer Centennial Leadership Endowment Fund supports leadership programming for alumnae and collegiate members. This fund was established by Wendell A. Spicer in honor of his wife and our sister, Suzanne Carmack Spicer, Gamma Pi, in connection with Alpha Gamma Delta's centennial celebration. Suzanne is a former International President and International Vice President-Alumnae and was recognized for her service and leadership with the Circle of Epsilon Pi in 2016.