Below you will find answers to many common questions about Day of Giving 2022.
What is #alphagamgives?
#alphagamgives is the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation's annual Day of Giving! This campaign runs for 1,904 minutes (31 hours and 44 minutes) and is an international effort to inspire collegiate and alumnae sisters, as well as parents and friends of Alpha Gamma Delta to help increase our efforts to provide essential support for women’s education, philanthropy and leadership. Give a gift of any size, to your favorite area of focus.
When is the Giving Day?
March 23, 2022, beginning at 6:00 a.m. ET. The campaign will run for 1,904 minutes (31 hours and 44 minutes), concluding on March 24, at 1:44 p.m. ET. When #AlphaGamGives goes live, there will be a "Give Now" button that appears at the top of the site.
Where is my gift most needed?
Gifts to the Annual Fund provide resources to areas of greatest need, and support Alpha Gamma Delta programs including:
- Academy for Collegiate Officers / Academy for Chapter Advisors
- Acorn virtual platform
- International Convention
- Career Preparation
- Mental Health Awareness
The Annual Fund also supports sisters and our communities through:
Joining the Give Every Month (GEM) Society is an easy, automatic way to support Alpha Gam. It's convenient and helps ensure ongoing support for the Foundation and Fraternity. Additionally, GEMs receive special recognition in the Foundation’s Gratitude Report, at Convention, in publications, on the website and on social media throughout the year.
- Give to your chapter specific scholarship or leadership fund through the giving page.
- Give to the Annual Fund (our area of greatest need) which supports ALL chapters with funding for the leadership academies, professional development, mental health training, Convention and so much more. The Annual Fund benefits our sisters and our communities by providing resources where they are most needed.
I'm a collegiate member. How can I help?
#alphagamgives is a day for all Alpha Gams to be inspired. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
1. Serve as an Ambassador – share about this exciting day and encourage all your followers and supporters to give.
2. Collegiate Jewel Society – band together with your sisters to join the Jewel Society with a chapter gift of $2,000 or more. Jewel Society members are recognized at conferences and Convention, and throughout the year on social media and the Alpha Gam Foundation website.
3. GEM Society – For as little as one cup of coffee a month, you can become a member of the Give Every Month (GEM) Society and provide ongoing support to your sisters.
4. Give a one-time gift – All gifts (small and large) are appreciated and help us provide support for our sisters and the communities where we are placed.
Will I receive a receipt?
Absolutely! After you make your gift, you will receive a confirmation email that can be used for tax purposes as allowed by US law.
My employer offers a gift matching program. Are gifts on Day of Giving eligible?
Definitely! You will receive an email confirmation of your gift that can be used for tax and gift matching purposes.
Will my gift count towards my annual giving recognition in the Gratitude Report and on the Foundation's website?
Yes. Your gift through #alphagamgives applies to your recognition in the Foundation's Gratitude Report for the 2021-2022 giving year and Jewel Society membership. See our Giving Societies on our website. (Our giving year is June 1 through May 31.)
I'm donating from another country, are donations processed in my country's currency?
No, all donations are processed as U.S. Dollars (USD).